Saturday, July 30, 2011

“It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right. I hope you had the time of your life.”

Originally Posted June 2, 2011




Goodbye, Scotland.
Four months ago I was 3,000 miles away from everything and everyone I knew and loved; now I am three days away from leaving what has become my second home and second family.
I know as soon as I get back home, I will be bombarded with the question, “How was it?” My experience has been truly amazing in every way possible. I have met the most incredible and intelligent people in my time in Scotland. I have learned more about myself in the past four months than in the past nineteen years. I have seen so many landmarks and more of the world than I ever thought possible. But there is no way to describe it. Amazing, yes, but I don’t think any words could ever describe it all.
Although it is sad to say goodbye, I know that I have learned what I was supposed to from this place and now it is time to move on. For years to come I will feel and see the affects of this experience in my life.
I truly want to thank all of the people who were a part of this experience for me. The people of AK Davidson Hall, especially 4K1W, the office of International Studies at both universities, all of my professors and tutors, Anna and Hamish at the Edinburgh Study Center, and Arcadia University in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment